This is a rustic, Italian salad made with day/2days old, crusty BFree bread, fresh tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese!
- 6 cups day old Italian bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved green olives
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- In a large bowl, toss bread with 1/3 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Lay bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes; allow to cool slightly.
- While the bread is in the oven, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.