For a heart, tasty and healthy lunchtime treat, this delicious sweet tomato soup with a hint of chilli served with a delicious BFree brown seeded roll is a delictably satisfying meal.
For a creamier taste, add 1tsp of sour cream to each bowl of soup before serving.
- 4 large red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1tsp dried oregano
- ½ fresh chilli
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled
- 850ml (1½ pt) gf vegetable stock
- 1tsp sugar
- Half a packet fresh basil leaves
- 2 small ciabatta loaves, baked according to packet instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Place the peppers and garlic on a baking tray, sprinkle with oregano and 1tbsp olive oil. Roast for 30-35 mins until the pepper skins are blistered. Place the hot peppers in a plastic bag. When cold, peel and chop the flesh, discarding the seeds.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 10 mins until softened. Chop the tomatoes, discarding the seeds and add to the pan with the peppers, stock, sugar and a few basil leaves. Squeeze the soft cooked garlic from the cloves and add to the pan. Simmer for 30 mins.
- Slice the BFree seeded roll in half and spread with real butter.
- Whizz the soup in a food processor then reheat. Garnish with basil leaves and black pepper and serve with the toasts.