Bang Bang Tofu Avocado Wrap
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time50 min
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 baking tray line with parchment
- 2 medium bowls
- 2 small bowl
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife or mandolin
- Zester or micro plane/fine grater
- Measuring spoons
- Frying pan
- Serving platter or plates
- Scales or cups
- Whisk or fork
- 1 Packet BFree Avocado wraps
- 5 ¼ oz/160g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbs tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce or 1 tbs maple and ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Little knob of ginger grated
- Small garlic clove grated
- 6 -8 tbs water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 x 9oz/280g blocks firm tofu
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger finely grated
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 4 tbs teriyaki sauce
- 4 tbs tamari sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 4 oz/130g bag of mixed salad of your choice.
- 1 medium carrot chopped into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber or half a large one, sliced into matchsticks
- Small handful fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- Small handful coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 mango chopped into thin strips
- 1 tbs of sesame seed black or white or a mix
- 1 mild red chilli sliced
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Pre heat the oven to 180°Fan. And Line a baking tray.
In a medium bowl add all the ingredients for the tofu except the tofu, whisk together and set aside.
Take the tofu and pat dry with kitchen towels, give it a little squeeze to remove excess liquid.
Dice into roughly 2cm cubes and add to the marinade, toss to combine. Set aside to marinade for 15-30 minutes. If you don’t have time just spread-out marinade and all onto the lined baking tray. Drizzle with a little light oil and place in the oven for about 20 minutes turning halfway.
Place all the ingredients for the sauce except the water, into a bowl and whisk till combined. Add the water 1 tbs at a time till you get the consistency you like. Taste and adjust seasoning. If it’s a little thick you can add a splash of water or more stock.
Gentle toast the roasted peanuts in a dry frying pan and set aside to cool. Once cooled a little, roughly chop and place in a small serving bowl.
Prepare all the vegetables and mango and place on a serving platter along with the salad and sprinkle with the mint and coriander leaves and lime wedges. Slice the chilli and add that to a small serving bowl. Serve alongside the chopped peanuts and peanut sauce.
When you are ready to serve and tofu has cooked, warm the wraps as per packet, spread a little peanut sauce followed by salad leaves and herbs, the vegetables and mango ¼ of the tofu cubes, the chopped peanuts, chilli if using and a squeeze of lime. Fold up both ends and roll. Cut in half and serve with extra peanut sauce to dip on the side.
The sauce can be used as a dressing or dip for a further 3 days kept refrigerated.
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*