With the last of the winter weather (hopefully) passing, this meal is a perfect winter warmer. Served with our delicious BFree Brown Seeded Roll, this delicious sweet tomato soup with a hint of chilli is a lovely and satisfying meal.
For a creamier taste, add 1tsp of sour cream to each bowl of soup before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the peppers and garlic on a baking tray, sprinkle with oregano and 1tbsp olive oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the pepper skins are blistered. Place the hot peppers in a plastic bag. When cold, peel and chop the flesh, discarding the seeds.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 10 minutes until softened. Chop the tomatoes, discarding the seeds and add to the pan with the peppers, stock , sugar and a few basil leaves. Squeeze the soft cooked garlic from the cloves and add to the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Slice the BFree seeded roll in half, toast and spread with butter.
- Whizz the soup in a food blender then reheat.
- Garnish with basil leaves and capsicum
- Serve with the toasted rolls
Sign up to our monthly mailing list to receive the latest recipes, news and exclusive discounts
You might be interested