- 1 x 150g packet of sage and onion Gluten Free stuffing Mix (I used Paxo)
- Full ¼ cup crushed roasted chestnuts
- Full ¼ cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tbs plant butter
- ½ medium red cabbage shredded
- Juice 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet of BFree Pita Breads
- 2 cups of Arugula or other green salad leaves
- 8 tbs vegan mayo
- Cranberry sauce
Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
Mix the dry Stuffing with the cranberries and chestnuts and add the required amount of boiling water as per packet instructions. I usually add a little more if I feel the mix is a little dry. Stir in the butter and set aside to firm up.
In a bowl combine the shredded cabbage with the lemon and salt and scrunch together with your hands. Set aside.
When the stuffing has firmed up form into 12 golf ball sized balls. Place on a lined baking tray and drizzle with a little light oil.
Place in the pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes or per the packet’s instructions.
When the stuffing is ready, lightly toast the Pita Breads.
Spread the inside of one side of pitta with mayo, fill with arugla leaves, red cabbage, 3 stuffing balls and little dollops of sweet cranberry sauce.